Thursday, January 10, 2013

Popcorn

I watched "Looper" a few nights ago. To this moment, I'm torn between the fact that the movie was really kind of fun to watch or whether it really just dropped the ball on making any effort at having a coherent storyline. For those who haven't seen it, I won't give any spoilers, except to say that if you are going to have a movie about time travel, maybe you should approach the concepts little more intellectually than having one of your stars yell "I'm not going to talk about time travel" because then we have to start drawing diagrams....... Copout. Also, if I'm ever in a future where a Mazda Miata is a cool retro car, let me state here and now, for the record, you can kill me then. No self-respecting professional killer would ever, here and now, drive an Austin Sprite (bugeye) so why try and force the same type of thing in a script?

So now I'm torn. What do I think about this movie? I also recently saw the newer "Total Recall" and loved it. I didn't expect much more than a movie where Colin Farrell kicks ass and two hot chicks fight, so I was pleasantly surprised when I not only got that, but a decently entertaining movie. With Looper, I think I was led to believe that there would be more than what was given to me. And the ending. (No spoilers) Oh, sweet Porky Pig's sweaty tail, that ending just made me wonder if I even should have started the movie. So, in the end, I'm going to say I'm not a fan. In fact, I'm revoking my man card for the next 12 minutes and saying that I enjoyed the new "Les Mis" more than "Looper". And on that bombshell, we're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment